Zoom Teeth Whitening
Having a bright and radiant smile can boost your confidence and help you make a positive impression. However, various factors can cause teeth discoloration, such as aging, poor dental hygiene, tobacco use, and consumption of certain foods and drinks. If you’re feeling self-conscious about your smile, professional whitening can be an effective solution.At Aberdeen Dental Group in Peachtree City and Newnan, GA, we offer professional whitening services to help you achieve a whiter smile. Our team of experienced dentists and dental hygienists will work with you to determine the best professional whitening solution, such as Zoom whitening, in-office treatments, whitening toothpastes, or tray whitening, that suits your needs and preferences.
Common Causes of Teeth Discoloration:
- Aging: As we age, our teeth naturally darken due to several factors. One of the primary causes of age-related teeth discoloration is the thinning of the enamel, which exposes the dentin layer underneath. Dentin is naturally yellow, which can contribute to teeth appearing darker as we age.
- Poor oral hygiene: When we don’t brush or floss our teeth regularly, plaque and tartar build-up on our teeth, leading to tooth discoloration. Over time, this buildup can cause permanent staining, making it more difficult to achieve a brighter smile.
- Tobacco use: Tobacco use is a significant contributor to teeth discoloration. Smoking or using other tobacco products can cause yellow and brown stains on the teeth, which can be difficult to remove with regular brushing or over-the-counter whitening products.
- Certain foods and drinks: Many foods and drinks that we consume regularly can cause teeth staining. Coffee, tea, red wine, and dark-colored berries are among the most common culprits. These foods and drinks contain pigments that can adhere to the tooth enamel, leading to surface stains.
- Some medications: Certain antibiotics, such as tetracycline and doxycycline, can cause teeth discoloration when taken during childhood. These medications can penetrate the tooth enamel and become trapped in the dentin, leading to yellow or brown stains on the teeth.
Types of Teeth Whitening Procedures
Dental whitening is a popular cosmetic dental procedure that can help you achieve a brighter and more confident smile. At Aberdeen Dental Group, we offer two types of professional whitening procedures: Zoom whitening and tray whitening.
Zoom Teeth Whitening Near Me
Zoom whitening is an in-office whitening procedure that involves applying a special whitening gel on your teeth and activating it with a special light. This procedure takes an hour, and you’ll notice immediate results. Here are additional details about Zoom whitening:
- Preparation: Before the procedure, our dental professionals will examine your teeth to ensure that you’re a good candidate for Zoom whitening. We’ll also clean your teeth to remove any plaque or tartar that may interfere with the whitening process. We prepare your teeth prior to in-office whitening.
- Procedure: After removing surface stains, we’ll apply a protective gel to your gums to minimize the risk of sensitivity. Next, we’ll apply the whitening gel to your teeth and activate it with a special light. We’ll repeat this process several times until the desired shade or level of whiteness is achieved.
- Aftercare: After the procedure, we’ll provide you with aftercare instructions to maintain your white smile. You may experience some sensitivity for a few days after the procedure, but this should subside with time, and you’ll be left with whiter teeth.
At-Home Tray Whitening
Tray whitening is a take-home whitening solution that involves wearing customized trays filled with a bleaching gel. During this in-office treatment, you’ll wear the trays for a certain period, typically a few hours a day or overnight, for about two weeks. You’ll notice gradual whitening results, and you can use the trays for touch-ups as needed. Here are some additional details about tray whitening:
- Preparation: Our dental professionals will take impressions of your teeth to create custom-made trays that fit your teeth comfortably.
- Procedure: We’ll provide you with the trays and the whitening gel, along with instructions on how to use them. You’ll wear the trays for a certain period each day, typically a few hours or overnight, for about two weeks. You’ll notice gradual whitening results over this time.
- Aftercare: After the procedure, we’ll provide you with aftercare instructions to maintain your white smile. You may experience some sensitivity, but this should subside with time, and you’ll be left with a brighter and whiter smile.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
Professional whitening with Philips Zoom and whitening trays offer numerous benefits compared to over-the-counter teeth whitening solutions, such as whitening toothpaste, strips, and gels. Here are some of the advantages of professional whitening:
- Safe & Effective: Our teeth whitening solutions are safe and effective, as we use professional-grade whitening agents only available to licensed dentists. We’ll also ensure that the procedure is done correctly, minimizing the risk of teeth sensitivity and gum irritation.
- Customized Treatment: We’ll customize the teeth whitening treatment based on your dental health, the level of discoloration, and your preferences. We’ll also check for any underlying dental issues that may affect the teeth whitening process.
- Long-Lasting Results: Professional whitening offers long-lasting results, as it can remove deep-set stains that cannot be addressed by over-the-counter solutions. Additionally, our take-home trays can be used for touch-ups to maintain your white smile.
To maintain your white smile after the teeth whitening procedure, it’s essential to practice good dental hygiene habits. Here are some aftercare tips to keep in mind:
- Brush and floss regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss daily to remove any plaque and food debris that can cause teeth discoloration.
- Avoid stain-causing foods and drinks: Reduce or avoid consumption of foods and drinks that can cause teeth staining, such as coffee, tea, red wine, and dark-colored berries. If you do consume them, rinse your mouth with water afterward or brush your teeth.
- Use a straw: If you can’t avoid drinking stain-causing beverages, use a straw to minimize the contact of the liquid with your teeth.
- Quit smoking: Tobacco use can cause teeth discoloration and other dental issues, such as gum disease and tooth loss. Quitting smoking can benefit your oral and overall health.
- Schedule regular dental checkups: Regular dental checkups can help maintain your oral health and detect any issues early on. Our team at Aberdeen Dental Group can recommend a teeth whitening touch-up schedule based on your individual needs.
Schedule Teeth Whitening in Peachtree City, GA
If you’re looking for a dentist in Peachtree City, GA, or the surrounding areas that offer professional whitening services, look no further than Aberdeen Dental Group. Our experienced dental professionals are dedicated to providing you with high-quality dental care and personalized solutions that suit your needs and preferences.
Visit our dental office in Peachtree City or Newnan, GA, to learn more about our teeth whitening solutions and other dental services. We understand that every patient is unique, and we’ll work with you to develop a teeth whitening treatment plan that suits your needs and goals. Contact us today to schedule a consultation or learn more about our dental services.